Dr. Leighton Flowers is joined by the President of the Southern Baptist Convention and the Senior Pastor at Bellevue Baptist Church, Steve Gaines, Ph.D.
1. Unity doesn’t equal silence: Traditionalists can speak out for what they believe is true while still seeking unity in the convention.
2. The Sinner’s Prayer: Is it biblical or should it be done away with as a manmade tool to manipulate false conversions?
3. Altar Calls: The Gospel must contain an “appeal” to believe in order to be called the Gospel.
4. Closet Calvinism: Why it is important to ask good questions if you serve as a Trustee or on a pulpit committee.
5. Calvinism in the SBC: Where are we going and what is going to happen in the future? What can we practically do to help the SBC from going toward Calvinism?
Before we began the podcast, Dr. Gaines asked if he could pray. I wish I would have been recording because his prayer so eloquently expressed the humility, grace and Christ-like attitude we should all be seeking in this dialogue. The conversation was very insightful and it was a pleasure to get know Dr. Gaines better. I believe you will be blessed.